Monday, April 18, 2011

Ratatouille - Anton Ego Speech

Assalamualaikum...

Baru-baru ni aku telah tengok kartun di disney channel. Ceritanya, of coz  la seperti tajuk di atas.Walaupun dah banyak kali aku tengok cerita ni, tapi kata2 anton ego (Peter O'Toole) ni merupakan dialog yang paling aku suka. Hmm...kata2 yang sangat mendalam bagi seorang pengkritik. 

"In many ways,
the work of a critic is easy.

We risk very little,
yet enjoy a position over those

who offer up their work
and their selves to our judgment.

We thrive on negative criticism,
which is fun to write and to read.

But the bitter truth we critics must face
is that in the grand scheme of things,

the average piece of junk
is probably more meaningful

than our criticism designating it so.

But there are times
when a critic truly risks something

and that is in the discovery
and defense of the new.

The world is often unkind
to new talent, new creations.

The new needs friends.

Last night,
I experienced something new,

an extraordinary meal
from a singularly unexpected source.

To say that both the meal
and its maker

have challenged my preconceptions
about fine cooking

is a gross understatement.

They have rocked me to my core.

In the past, I have made no secret
of my disdain

for Chef Gusteau's famous motto,
"Anyone can cook."

But I realize only now
do I truly understand what he meant.

Not everyone
can become a great artist,

but a great artist
can come from anywhere.

It is difficult to imagine
more humble origins

than those of the genius
now cooking at Gusteau's,

who is, in this critic's opinion,

nothing less
than the finest chef in France.

I will be returning to Gusteau's soon,
hungry for more".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...